Monday, August 25, 2014

Cucumber finger - August 25, 2014


I am so tired of these different internet cafes. I have been going from café to café trying to find one that will send my email. For some reason the internet in Lira is having a problem. I will log on, start to type an email and it will log me off. Sometimes I have been able to send the email in other cases, I lose everything—so frustrating. Once I have been kicked off, it will not let me log on again. Hopefully, I will be able to get this email off before it kicks me off as well. This is the last internet café in Lira so if that happens—game over

This week was a good week. We have continued teaching David and the Kalistos family and others. (Mr. Kalisto was the doctor that we baptized some time back.) We are teaching his children now. His children love the gospel! We are slowly working on teaching his wife as well. She is not quite as accepting but she is moving along. She is more welcoming then before.

Another person that we are teaching is Ketsy. She is awesome. She is the neighbor to the Kalisto family. He introduced us to her and she is a very kind lady. She has a very nice family. Right now, we are trying to teach her and her husband together but it has been mostly just her. We are trying to get him more involved.

This week we went and did service for Sister Grace. Apparently she owns a lot of land. We had no idea. All of this land is farmed and produces a lot of potatoes and corn. We went out to her farm and did some service by working on the farm for a few hours. It was pretty cool.

Working on this farm, I grabbed a bush and some sort of animal stung my finger. It swelled up pretty good! Ha ha. I thought the finger was going to burst or something. I walked over to Kalisto’s work and called him. He came on out and looked at it and said, “Don't worry tomorrow it will almost be gone.” I struggled to believe him because it was so swollen (and so quickly) but sure enough when I woke up the next day the pain was gone and my finger didn't look like a cucumber anymore. So life is good.

The work is really moving forward and things seem to be going smoothly. I hope that everyone has a great week.

Sorry for the short non-detailed letter but I have a feeling the internet is going to log me out. I want to make sure you hear from me this week.

Have a good one

Elder Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment