Monday, April 28, 2014

Planting Seeds April 28, 2014

Dear Everyone:

I hope my memory card has reached there safely.

This week has really shot buy. I know I say that every week but I cannot explain how fast the weeks are going by. Time is speeding up for me. It is remarkable.

This past week my companion and I went to Masaka to check out how the Elders are doing. The four elders in Masaka are just the greatest bunch of guys that you could ever come across. No one person was trying to out-do the other. During the time there, we saw how each elder is very different but they are all driven to accomplish the same task. Their district is one of the best I have ever seen.

About a year ago, I had the opportunity to serve in Entebbe. While serving there I taught a guy named Enoch. He struggled with the word of wisdom. He enjoyed drinking. He was not an alcoholic by any means but he enjoyed a drink now and then. After a time, I left Entebbe and my companion went home. Enoch was no longer visited by missionaries. The only record of Enoch was in our little “missionary book” which told of teaching him and where he lived.

A week ago we were called to Entebbe to go and do an interview. We knew that we would be each interviewing one person because two people were going to being baptized. During our drive, we discussed the interviewing process. As we reached Entebbe, the missionaries picked us up and took us to the home of the people being baptized.

As we entered the home I could not believe my eyes. There sitting on the couch was Enoch! The same guy that I had taught a year ago! When I came into the home, he smiled and said, “Elder Bitter, how are you? It has been a long time!!!”

I couldn't believe it. It was so cool! This was probably one of my favorite experiences in a long time. It just goes to show that we do plant seeds. I'm not trying to take credit for the Entebbe baptism. The elder did a lot of hard work. But it was the coolest thing.

So if you are sharing or talking to people about the gospel and it just doesn't work out the way you expect, don't worry a seed was planted for the next guy. Your effort was not in vain!

Over the past week it seems that a lot of our investigators have lost interest or become distracted in one way or another. The only ones that are hanging strong are Sister Judith and Brother Jimmy.

Elder Stewart and I are really looking forward to this upcoming week. We have a lot of new ideas for finding people. Instead of the traditional door to door approach, we are planning on trying some new ways. We are hoping it will be a better and more efficient way of finding some more of God’s children.

The work is awesome! Anyone that is on the fence about serving a mission, don’t hesitate. Just do it. It is a once in a lifetime experience. It is worth it :)

Here are some photos for you all to enjoy :)
Suit man with Mario Cap
Uganda's Tortillas


On the equator!


Love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment