Monday, May 5, 2014

Birthday Tradition for Elder Stewart-May 5, 2014



Thanks everyone for all the great letters this week. I really love and appreciate you all!

I was a little sick all week with a cough and stuff like that. But it wasn't anything life threatening or that would cause me to stay home. But it sure made the week drag. I will not have a whole ton to say. I’m still a little sick and a run down so here goes.

So this week we really saw something great happen. We had a man come to church that I would of never have thought would do so. When we were tracting, we met a guy that cannot walk. In fact he can barely move. He needs someone to help him on one side and a cane on the other. Well this Sunday, we heard a bodda revving up to the front door of the church and to our surprise on the back of the motorcycle was this man that cannot walk. We had invited him to church and he had decided that nothing was going to stop him from attending.

It was so great to see the members eagerly stand up and help him enter the church building. They took him to the front row. He stayed for all 3 hours of church. He really listened and enjoyed it. It was just great to see. The best part was the learning that I gained. Anyone can go to church if they really want to. There is seldom a good excuse for not making it to church. This guy lived a fare distance from the church and he was not going to let anything stop him. The Sabbath day is the Lord’s Day.

Also this week we celebrated my companion’s birthday. I built him a cake. And I even used frosting. We ate it as a district and everyone enjoyed it. We followed our birthday tradition and we all said something that we liked about Elder Stewart. It was pretty cool! I really enjoyed it a lot and it wasn't even my birthday hahah.

This week we did a lot of contacting and have a lot of appointments set up for this upcoming week. I am really looking forward to the week. I hope that all these people that we are meeting and contacting are not only ready but willing to receive the restored gospel of Christ. It will be really great to teach them. I'm really excited and hope it all works out!!!

One of the people that we contacted, I had actually contacted the first week of my mission. He actually remembered Elder Facer and me. I was stoked! We will be teaching him on Tuesday. He was very careful about choosing the time. He told us that he did not want to cancel because of his work.

I sure love you all and hope that all is well!

Sincerely,

Elder Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment