Saturday, May 24, 2014

Livin' In Lira-May 19, 2014


Hey everyone!

I’m tuning in today from the hot land of Lira and I am happy to be here despite the weather. Lira is a great place. I really like it a lot. The people here are just amazing. They are the best of the best in Uganda. They are kind and helpful. You can literally just pick anyone off the street and just start talking to them with no problem. They don’t necessarily accept the gospel but it is nice to be around people who are kind!

Lira is a lot like the other places I have served when it comes to the work. The difference seems to be that life is a bit simpler here. I feel that the people of Lira are ready for the gospel. I can’t even explain why I feel this way. I just do. They all basically speak and read English. Generally, the people are very open-minded. I will not be able to forget the people of Lira. They have a great ability to understand the gospel. Watching them listen and understand gospel truths is pretty amazing.

My new companion is from South Africa and he is a really great guy. He is happy go-getter. He is new on his mission but he has a great desire to get out and work. He is always excited and willing to do the work.

This week we had three baptisms and it was great! The three people were from part member families so it was a wonderful to watch the families. It really makes us as missionaries feel content when we know that they have family and friend support.

All of the missionaries here in Lira, see the great potential of the area. We are excited and focused! Maybe this is why I am having a hard time focusing on this letter. I will just wrap up with a simple testimony.

This is the Church of Jesus Christ. This is his church on the earth today. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is proof that there is a living God and anyone that reads it and prays will know for sure that this is his gospel.

I sure love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment