Sunday, October 26, 2014

Unusual Rat - October 26, 2014


It is time again to let you know how I am doing! This week was a good one. I will start out with a story. A few weeks ago Elder Whitworth and I were coming home for the day. As we were walking along, we saw a massive rat! We decided to chase it down because they are always digging in our trash and making a mess.

As I ran towards it, I started to question whether it was a rat (because it wasn't moving very quickly). As soon as it saw us, it tried to dive inside some bushes. I stuck my foot out to blocked it. When it ran into my foot, it rolled up into a little ball???

We then realized this was not a rat but was actually a Porcupine! We picked him up and realized that he was very young. We took a bunch of photos with him. He was pretty awesome. His quills are SHARP! After taking some pictures, we let him go. He waddled off and all was good in the world.

A few minutes later, we showed our neighbor the photos. Instantly, he wanted to find him. I looked at him and said, “What do you want him for??” He then told us that porcupines are the most tender, tasty meat that Ugandans can get their hands on. Thankfully, we told him that we were sorry but he was long gone. He was sorely disappointed. Poor little porcupine!

There is a lot happening in the work right now. Elder Whitworth and I decided last week that we would spend at least 50-60% of our day trying to find new people. Our goal is to always have lots of people to teach. This really makes for long day! But it is really worth it.

We have been so blessed because we have found people that are showing great potential. We are focusing our extra time on George and his family and Christine, the wife of Kalisto. They are both awesome and are doing well. Christine is involved in the gospel. She is finally beginning to grasp the magnitude of the message that we have been sharing with her and Kalisto.

As far as George, he missed church this week which was a bummer. We haven’t been able to find him home so we are assuming that he is out of town for some emergency or something. These types of things are pretty common here. I am not worried yet.

Well that is all for this week.

I sure love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment