Monday, October 21, 2013

Marriage of Geoffrey & Salome - October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

This week I have do not have any time for emailing. So I really want to tell you about the best thing that happened this week. This will be short.

We met with Salome and Geoffrey this week and they had the greatest news. They said that they would not be able to pay for the dowry for a long time. (As I mentioned before they have very little.) BIG NEWS—they have decided to skip the dowry. I was shocked!!! No one skips paying the dowry, ever! It is a BIG deal to them. They want to get married and so that is what we are going to do.

They will be married in the church on November 9th and they will be baptized on November 10th. This is the greatest news!

I know that the Spirit really worked on them and helped them have the courage to make this decision. I know the Holy Spirit will continue to help them.

The Lord hears our prayers -- however it is on his timetable, not ours.

The Book of Mormon is true and is Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

I love you all,

Elder Bitter



P.S. Mom and Dad: A letter is coming home with a 4gb memory card. It is full of videos and photos so it should be there in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment