Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Empty Bus - February 25, 2013


I am really rushing this email. I’m sorry but this one will not be as well written or as long as any of the others. I want to apologize ahead of time.

Well this week has been kind of a bummer. We have had a lot of investigators this week and they were all progressing so well. They were all listening to our messages and they were all so anxious to hear the message of Christ.

Elder Bulloch and I were really excited in general about this. So Elder Bulloch and I came up with the idea to invite all of our investigators to stake conference. We had about 17 investigators. Well we invited all of them and a few other potential investigators as well. In total, we invited between 17-20 people. I can’t remember the exact number right now. Well out of the total number about 13 committed to come. But stake conference is a long ways away so everyone would have to take a taxi. And you really can’t ask people to do this around here because they don’t have enough money. They barely have enough money to put food on the table.

However, Elder Bulloch and I thought it was really important that they all be there. So, we decided to rent a taxi bus. The taxi busses hold about 15 people so it was perfect. It would be a tight squeeze but it would not matter because everyone would have had the opportunity to get a ride to conference for free. We figured that was worth it. After organizing and committing the people. We rented a taxi. After do so, we told everyone that we reserved a taxi and that they all could come and ride for free with us this one time. They were all very excited and we were really excited too. We told everyone that we were meeting at the taxi stage at 8:00am sharp. Every one said they would be there on time or early.

Sunday morning Elder Bulloch and I showed up at the taxi stage at 7:55am. WE WERE THE FIRST ONE THERE! We kind of expected that. After waiting a few minutes, one person we were teaching showed up. His name is Henry. He walked around in circles then can me over to me and said, “Uhh hey man are we going?” I was so frustrated. To make the story short we waited till 8:45. Only two people showed up. It was probably the biggest disappointment ever. We had put so much time and effort into getting a taxi and committing each and every person multiple times and in the end only two people came out of 13 people. I could not believe it! I was seriously disappointed!

But the good news is that one of the guys that came on the taxi with us is getting baptized this Sunday. He is 22 and he is extremely excited to get baptized. He is a really good guy and he is really soft hearted. I really wish that I had more time to tell you about this week but our schedule today was just too hectic. We literally had no time to do anything. Mom I’m really sorry for how short this email is....

I need to wrap this email up. I know that the Lord really does watch over all of us. I know that if we pray we can get help. Never forget how important it is to pray. Before I came on my mission I never really appreciated prayer like I should have. Prayer is a gift in itself. It allows us to really just let out our concerns and feelings. The amazing thing is getting the answer back about our concerns or questions. It is really an amazing thing. I love you all so much. I hope that everything is going well back home. There isn’t time for any other emails this week just the one big mass email. I will really try to never be cut short like this again. There is always a lot to say about each week. But I don’t have time to type it all down. We have to run and go teach a lesson pretty soon. We still haven’t bought our food for the week yet. This is going to be an interesting week. :)

I love you all

Elder Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment